Water damage comes in three distinct categories, and each brings with it their own set of challenges and the amount of damage that can occur. Water that can cause disruption and requires drying, to water that contaminates everything it touches. The help of water damage cleaning services is recommended in any eventuality to make sure your home or business in Las Vegas has the best possible water removal teams working on your behalf. Our company goals are to minimize any flood water damage repair that will leave you and your home in an unhealthy state.
Water Damage Classes:
- White Water – this is the easiest the clean as it is fresh, clean water that is leaking into your home. This would be from a mains pipe that is leaking before the water reaches any faucets or appliances.
- Grey Water – this is slightly worse and can make cleaning a little more difficult, and can lead to some minor health issues. Prime examples are leaks from washing machines or dishwashers.
- Black Water – the worst of the three, this is generally from an overflowing toilet, a backflow valve is not working correctly or a break in your sewage pipe. This one requires flood damage restoration due to the nature of the water contents, and also poses the most significant risk, health-wise.
“Martha and I were watching TV. I looked up and saw the ceiling dripping and bowing. We fled pretty quickly, and I called the guys at Elite. They saved the furniture, but the TV was a goner, just as we could have been.”
– Jim and Martha (Henderson)
What to do to prevent water damage and mold
Although it is best to seek help from the professionals at Elite Water Damage Las Vegas when it comes to water damage, there are several things you can do to help in the first instance:
- If you can safely do so, turn off the main valve or block the entry that the water is using to get you are your property
- Make sure all electrical items are unplugged safely
- All valuables items should be moved to a safe and dry area
- Any furniture that is under threat should be moved
Transfer as much as possible away from the affected areas. Items with wood or metal legs can cause further damage to the wet surfaces
What a water damage specialist will advise not to do
As well as things you can do, there are a few things you should not do if you have a water damage problem or emergency.
- Do not leave wet fabrics in place; these should be dried thoroughly as soon as possible.
- Do not use your household vacuum in an attempt to remove water
- Do not use any electrical appliances while you are standing on a floor that is wet
If the water problem is from upstairs or on the ceiling, do not turn on any ceiling fixtures and refrain from entering rooms where the ceiling is sagging
Our Water Damage Restoration Services
As one of the most strategically placed water remediation companies in Las Vegas, we have many experts in water cleanup and restoration services on standby, who can tackle any emergency. No matter is it is white water, grey water or black water; our experts can assist you in the shortest possible time.
Our aim is for our water damage specialist to fix your problem and get your property and belongings dry again to prevent any further damage or the likelihood of mold forming.
Regardless of the fact that you may need water removal and flood damage restoration, or you have an emergency that requires 24/7 water damage cleaning services, you will have the same fast response from all of our expert water cleanup teams.